Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Long Goodbye (1973)


The Long Goodbye was a mystery movie about a private eye who's friend asks him to take him to Tijuana after having a tussle with his wife. Soon after police arrive at the private eye's house and begins questioning him about the death of his friends wife and asks where his friend is. A lot of money was involved with his friends leaving and he ultimately finds himself solving a mystery for a client that ties directly in with the death of his friend and his friends wife.

The first thing that I thought when I was Elliot Gould in this movie was Spike Speagle from Cowboy Bebop. His 'I don't care' attitude and smoking habits, along with his non chalant way of going about everything is a direct tie in with the character from this anime series. Anyways, I thought the movie was extremely well done and held my interest throughout. Even though the main character was seemingly uncaring about everything, one could tell that he was set on his goal of finding out what exactly happened.

1 comment:

  1. Ya my thoughts are the same as Craig as the character the detective played. I do think his traits that he played were spot on with the approach of the movie. I think that this movies did keep my attention with some funny parts of the movie of what Marlowe said. He just was a laid back guy but kept his eye on what was important to the case.

    ReplyDelete